Bundle up the kids and hit the road to revel in the bright display of Christmas lights around Kelowna.
Enjoying the twinkling Christmas lights and your child’s face full of joy is free of charge!
Taking a drive around Kelowna to view Christmas light displays have become an annual holiday tradition for many families. The over-the-top displays and festive neighborhood streets lined with Christmas decorations would rival Clark Griswold’s.
There is no better way to get into the holiday spirit from the comfort of your own car!
Our friends at Infotel News have created a great Google Map below that showcases all the great Kelowna Christmas Light Displays. These Christmas Light Displays are not just for kids–grab a few good friends, load up your holiday music playlist, fill a thermos with hot chocolate, and you’ve got a festive party on wheels!
Before you hit the road, make sure your vehicle is ready
While it may not be a long drive, you should always be ready for the challenges winter driving can bring. Here are some important points you should consider when driving in the winter.
- Having good winter tires is a must in the Okanagan with our regular temperature changes that thaw and freeze ice and snow.
- Always keep a fuller tank of gas in case you have a flat tire or get stuck, you will be able to stay warm in a running car.
- Pack a warm winter jacket, gloves, hat and other clothes to keep you warm in case your car breaks down and can’t run to keep you warm.
- Often forgotten is checking to make sure your spare tire is properly inflated. Imagine going through all the work on the side of the road to change a flat tire, only to find your spare is flat.
- If you do not already have one, buy an emergency roadside safety kit. This can keep an unfortunate event from becoming a tragedy.
The team at Paragon Motors wants to wish you a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Hanukkah, or whatever else you celebrate this time of year. We hope you have a safe and fun time with family and friends making great memories that will last a lifetime.